A snapshot of what I have recently done, am doing, and plan to do in the near future. For more details, please see my résumé page.
I work at Texas Center for Applied Technology as a software developer. My current long-term projects are:
- A data management web portal for the National Dairy FARM Program: Recoded in Symfony from an old CodeIgniter PHP application.
Outside of my regular employment, I continue to maintain the websites of my former Komputerwiz Web Design clients.
In May 2014 I graduated summa cum laude from Texas A&M University with a double major in Computer Science (honors) and Mathematics (one credit shy of honors) with Honors Fellows and as an Undergraduate Research Scholar. I plan to pursue a M.S. or a Ph.D., but I am still discerning the focus I should study.
- I serve as the head usher for the 5:30pm Vigil Mass at my local Church.
- After finishing a two year term as recorder, I have been elected to serve as a three-year trustee in my local Knights of Columbus council. Through the council I am involved in numerous service projects for the community and the Church.
- I coordinate logistics and help with the website for the apologetics and catechesis team at my local Church.
- I sing in the local Schola Cantorum (school of song) chant group.
- I recently received my private (pilot) certification and fly around for fun when I get the chance. How often? The globally accepted pilot answer is "not as often as I would like". I plan to start training for my instrument rating soon.
- When I am not physically in an airplane, I do plenty of simulated flying on X-Plane and occasionally join other pilots and ATC operators on VATSIM.
- I also recently received my amateur (ham) radio technician class license. My call sign is KG5LYE. I have been learning morse code and plan to take the general class exam soon.