73 de KG5LYE!
Howdy! This page may not verify “receipt of transmission,” but nonetheless serves to describe my Ham Radio presence.
- Bryan Amateur Radio Club (W5BCS) member, Secretary since 2017, net control operator for weekly club net when needed.
- Brazos County ARES (N5BRZ), STX section
- Volunteer Examiner for the ARRL
I most enjoy building antennas, tinkering with various software-defined modes, and getting to meet really cool people on the air. I am also always very happy to assist anyone interested in getting involved with the hobby.
On The Air
When I’m mobile or portable, I usually monitor the local repeaters:
|Callsign||Frequency||Mode||Offset||PL Tone||QTH||Height AGL|
|W5BCS||146.680 MHz||FM||−600 KHz||88.5 Hz (in/out)||
|KD5DLW||443.450 MHz||FM||+5 MHz||127.3 Hz (in)||
On HF, I usually like operating SSB (and occasionally CW) on the 40 m and 20 m bands. I have a J-38 straight key and a set of Bencher BY-1 iambic paddles, both of which were gifts from a very generous local ham, W5DZ. At present, I can send about 15 WPM and receive about 10 WPM, but am continually improving. I am very thankful for W5HKJ’s fldigi software, which fills in when I can’t keep up!
On the Web
Around the Shack
- Rig: Icom IC-7300
- Antenna: 80 m center-fed doublet
- Rig: Icom ID-5100A
- Antenna: 2 m / 70 cm Tram Mag-Mount
- Baofeng UV-5R+ (2 m / 70 cm)